Wednesday, May 4, 2011

SO CLOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S SO CLOSE!!!!!!!!!!!

feels so odd for some reason. i suppose it is because SO much has happened to me in such a short amount of time!

the tornado early Thursday/late Wednesday night April 27/28 was so extremely close to destroying my home and my family. a dear friend of mine lost her home. Praise God that they are unharmed!!!!!

it hits so close to home when devastation you are use to seeing on the news and thinking "oh those poor people!!!" and that it could happen to you but rationalizing that it will not-and then you wake up one morning and see all of this death all around you.................i cannot look out of a window in my house without being reminded of it!!!! 

being a very emotional human being with a destructive neurological disease, i am touched in a different form and way when i see a tree that had been snapped!!! 
in my yard there was a Huge absolutely beautiful over 100 year old poplar tree that was just pushed over with no effort. i loved that tree so much!!!! i remember seeing the base of it for the first time and thinking just how old that absolutely beautiful tree was and all that has happened around it in its lifetime........now it is laying in my yard on top of a crushed "camper" trailer and on the bed of my dad's truck. 

it's hard to be excited about experiencing Italy when everyone and everything around me has been changed forever!!!!!

oh and then having to beg for money to go so i can eat and blessedly have souvenirs from this experience hurts as well!!!
it's hard to save what little money you make when you cannot even afford to live!!!! and yet i am leaving the country! it's so hard for me to rationalize in my mind!!!!!!!!!! 
any ideas or mental helps will be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 until we see each other in Roma-courtney* 

No comments: